So you’re interested in an ecommerce solution but are not sure where to start?
Let’s look at each payment provider’s fees. This should give you some idea on the direction you would like to take. Of course, each provider has its own perks and not all of them are listed here, so this should only be used as a point of reference.
Some other caveats to note:
- Fees are calculated based on the customer using an Australian Domestic Credit Card
- Some providers may provide incentives for businesses exceeding a certain amount of transactions or payment volume per annum
- This information is accurate as at 03/08/2022 and may be subject to change
- Exchange rate provided by xe.com and rounded up to the nearest dollar
- While most payment platforms can be used independently, Shopify payment’s can only be used with a Shopify website. Others require independent hosting.
Breakdown of fees
|Setup Fee||Monthly Cost||Percentage Charge||Flat Fee||Estimate per 10,000
$100 Transactions / month
|Shopify Advanced *||$299 USD||1.4%||$0.30||$17,000|
|Shopify Basic *||$29 USD||1.75%||$0.30||$20,500|
|Shopify Standard *||$79 USD||1.6%||$0.30||$19,000|
* Cost of Shopify Plan, Shopify payments can only be used with Shopify
Payment processing fees seem to be quite predictable with a few exceptions. For high volume clients we recommend focusing on finding a solution with the lowest fixed fee.
During our research we found $0.30 to be the going fixed fee rate. Making WooCommerce on par with the lowest fixed rate fee providers.
Although percentage charge varies (and many payment providers flex this) the total estimated cost per 10,000 $100 transactions does not change too much because of this.The industry standard percentage charge is 1.75% and WooCommerce follows suit with many other providers in this way.
Ready to start selling?
WooCommerce comes pre-installed on Wandweb.co Hosting, which is tailored for business and is one of the most feature packed you will find online. Get started today with these great features:
- From $49/month
- Super fast hosting on Google Cloud Platform (Global CDN)
- Divi Builder theme pre-installed ($330 RRP)
- WooCommerce pre-installed
- Express Hosting Business Tools (Social Marketing, Reputation Management, Listings Builder, Google Ads Robot)
- On-Call Virtual Assistance
- Free Domain Transfer
- Free Existing WordPress Website Transfer
- Unlimited Backups (scheduled daily)
- Access to the WordPress Dashboard
- Access to phpMyAdmin
- Access to STP
- Free SSL certificate
- PHP Logs
- Google Analytics & Weekly Reporting
- Staging Environment with the ability to create staging from a backup
Need design help?
We can build the perfect website for you! Contact us today